Java Programming Mastery
Become an expert within 4 months
Java is a powerful general-purpose programming language. It is used to develop desktop and mobile applications, big data processing, embedded systems, and so on. According to Oracle, the company that owns Java, Java runs on 3 billion devices worldwide, which makes Java one of the most popular programming languages.
Course Duration, Schedule & Fees :
~ Through this course, you became an expert Java programmer in 3 – 4 months if you complete all assignments on time.
~ Weekly 4 hours class along with practice question papers, assignments, and online tests.
~ Course Fees: 500 INR/month.
Who can join this course?
– B.Tech, B.Sc.(CS), BCA, M.Sc, MCA Students having Java in the semester or eager to step into object-oriented programming.
– Having prior knowledge of C / C++ programming is beneficial.
1. Introduction to Java
- Java Architecture and Features, Understanding the semantic and syntax
- Compiling and Executing a Java Program, Variables, Constants, Keywords
- Identifier, primitive datatype, user-defined dataTypes
- Operators (Arithmetic, Relational, Logical and Bitwise) (unary, binary and ternary), precedence and associativity.
- Type Conversion and Casting.
- Decision-Making Constructs (conditional statements and loops) and Nesting.
- Java Methods (Defining, Scope, Passing and Returning Arguments, Type Conversion and Type and Checking, Built-in Java Class Methods)
2. Arrays, Strings & I/O
- Creating & Using Arrays (One Dimension and Multi-dimensional), Static and Dynamic Arrays
- Use of for-each with the array.
- Variable arguments and command line argument.
- Passing array to methods, Returning array from methods
- Java Strings: The Java String class, Creating & Using String Objects
- Manipulating Strings, String Immutability & Equality, Passing Strings To & From MethodsString Buffer Classes. Simple I/O using System.out and the Scanner class, Byte and Character streams, Reading/Writing from console and files.
3. Object-Oriented-Programing Overview
- Principles of Object-Oriented Programming
- Defining & Using Classes, Controlling Access to Class Members, abstraction, encapsulation
- Association, Composition and Aggregation in Java
- swap or exchange objects in Java
- Constructors (parameterized, non-parameterized, copy constructor, constructor chaining, constructor overloading, private constructors, singleton class)
- Polymorphism in java
- Method Overloading and overriding
- Covariant return type.
- Class Variables & Methods (static variables and methods, static block, this keyword)
- Objects as parameters, final classes, Object class
- Cleaning up used objects (Garbage Collector and finalization, Mark and Sweep algorithm, Island and Isolation, Automatic Resource Management)
4. Inheritance, Interfaces, Packages, Enumerations, Autoboxing and Metadata
- Inheritance: (Single level, Multilevel and so on)
- Method Overriding, Dynamic method dispatch, use of method Overriding.
- Use of super & final in Inheritance.
- Abstract Classes, override the private method, object Serialization with inheritance, Referencing Subclass objects with Subclass and Superclass reference, Shadowing vs Overriding
- Static and Dynamic binding.
- Interfaces, variables in an interface, extending interfaces and packages
- Difference between Abstract class and interface, comparator interface, Anonymous inner class in java, functional interface, Nested Interface
- Package and Class Visibility, Using Standard Java Packages (util, lang, io, net), String Class, StringBuffer Class, StringBuilder Class, Splitting Strings
- Wrapper Classes, Primitive Wrapper Classes are Immutable in java
- Number Class, Integer Class, Byte Class, Short Class, Long Class, Float Class, Double Class, Boolean Class, Character Class, Autoboxing/UnboxingEnumerations and Metadata.
5. Exception Handling, Threading, Networking and Database Connectivity
- Exception types, uncaught exceptions, OutOfMemoryError Exception
- throw keyword, throws, finally Block, try-catch resources, built-in exceptions
- Creating your own exceptions
- Multicatch, Chaining Exception, Null pointer Exception
- Life cycle and states of a thread, Method to prevent thread execution
- The Thread class and Runnable interface
- creating single and multiple threads, Thread prioritization
- synchronization and communication, suspending/resuming threads, Thread Pool
- Semaphore in java, Deadlock Thread, Daemon Thread
- Overview of TCP/IP Protocol Suite, Sockets (TCP Client and Server, UDP Client and Server)
- URL Class, httpURL Connection, Inet Address Class Multithreaded Sockets, Network Interface
- JDBC Drivers, Establish Connection, Create Statement, Execute Query
- Transactions, Accessing and manipulating databases using JDBC.
6. Applets and Event Handling
- Introduction to Applets, Applet life cycle, Applet Skeleton
- More about applet tag, Writing Java Applets, print(), update(), reprint() Method
- Applet context interface, Working with Graphics, Incorporating Images & Sounds.
- Event Handling Mechanisms, Event Delegation Model, java.awt.Event Description(Event Class), Listener Interfaces, Adapter and Inner Classes.
- The design and Implementation of GUIs using the AWT controls (such as labels, buttons, text fields, layout managers, menus, Scrollbar, events and listeners)
- Features Swing components of Java Foundation(Such as JFrame, JApplet, JPanel, Layout Manager, Split Panel, JTable, Inner Frame, etc.)
- Difference Between Swing And AWT, Graphic objects for drawing figures such as lines, rectangles, ovals, using different fonts.
- Overview of servlets, Lifecycle of Servlets.